Nivia Zavala Special Art Contest for
LEP/ELL Students with Disabilities
- Each entry must complete the artwork application form.
- Topic: Open to school appropriate theme
- The title of the artwork should be written on the artwork application form.
- Teachers should assist students to ensure that essay submissions will meet the following criteria:
- Creativity Originality Detail
- Artwork must be submitted on paper no larger than 11” x 14”.
- Students may use any medium (crayons, paint, pencils, etc.); photographs will not be accepted.
- Artwork will not be returned.
- Only work done by individual students will be accepted. No group entries will be considered.
Winning entries will be published in the NYSABE Newsletter. There will be first, second, and third place winners at each of the grade clusters, (3 – 5, 6 – 8, and 9 – 12).
- FIRST PLACE WINNER will receive a medal and $100.00 U.S. dollars.
- SECOND PLACE WINNER will receive a medal and $75.00 U.S. dollars.
- THIRD PLACE WINNER will receive a medal and $50.00 U.S. dollars.
The awards will be presented on Saturday March 16th, 2013 during the Student Awardsat the NYSABE 36th Annual Conference to be held at the Huntington Hilton Hotel in Melville, New York.
Once the submissions are received, a committee of judges, selected by the Committee Chairperson, will read and judge them based on a rubric.
This committee will determine the first, second, and third place winners in each grade cluster.
The committee’s decision is final.
MAILING OF SUBMISSIONS:
- Mail Artwork by First Class Mail no later that February 1st, 2013 to:
73 Southpoint Drive
Lancaster, NY 14086
- Art work will not be accepted by certified or registered mail.
- Faxed entries will not be accepted.
- Each artwork must include the artwork application. This form must be typed or written in ink.
- Please place student NAMES on back of the Artwork.
- Art work will not be returned.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Submissions must be RECEIVED by February 1st, 2013.
Winners will be notified no later than February 10, 2013.